Friday, December 29, 2006

2006 Christmas cookies

Every year the kids and I make cookies. Usually we make several kinds, but every year we make candy cane cookies and sugar cookies with red and green sprinkles. As with every tradition, funny patterns seem to emerge.
It seems while shopping to prepare for the the annual cookie baking, the red and green sprinkles are overlooked when I make my list of items I need or already have around the house. It appears that every year I buy the sprinkles, not aware that I had some left over from the previous year. This is what I found in my cupboard:

That's right, I have SIX YEARS worth of red and green sprinkles! The containers to the far right are the 2006 edition.

The candy cane cookies are made with regular cookie dough, half with red food coloring, the other half plain (or white). I usually make the dough and the kids twist it around into candy canes. Usually they start out strong, and then the kid's interest fades with each passing batch. The first wave of cookies are perfect, then they become candy cane colored lumps and finally blobs of cookie dough. This year was no exception.


Guess who had to clean all of this up?

3 comments:

Steve Hearn said...

Yum Yum! Still dinner at the Outback is just as much fun eh?

Michael "Locoduck" Duron said...

The way I see it, the candy cane cookies to the left are what they look like going in. The ones on the right are what they look like on the way out. Yummers. Hope you have enough for your extended family.

Kenny Durkin said...

Steve: NOTHING is more fun than dinner at the Outback.

Loco: Gross, yet eerily accurate.

Trump: So come on down and get some!