Sunday, November 21, 2010

Wisconsin: odds and ends

It's been a whirlwind of activity so far up here in Wisconsin. I'm just getting caught up today on some of the things I've meant to post.


This banner greeted us at my parents house where we are staying. It was made by my niece Gabby.



Thanks Gabby, looks awesome!



After our seminar in Madison, we went out to eat at an amazing restaurant called The Old Fashioned. This shot was taken from our table out the front window. You can see the reflection of the place in the bus stop and the amazing capital building just across the street.



At The Old Fashioned, I had what could possibly have been the greatest hamburger I've ever eaten. It was the house burger (the number 30), described as "a half pound patty of local grass-fed beef, grilled over a live fire and topped with fried onions, Bavaria's hickory-smoked bacon, aged cheddar, garlic sauce, and a soft-cooked egg on a buttered and toasted roll" It comes with fries, however you do have the option of deep-fried beer battered cheese curds instead. I opted out of the cheese curds as well as the more than 150 locally brewed beers, the latter of which I will definitely sample next time!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: