Friday, July 20, 2012

Teacher Retirement Caricature

Here's one of my recent caricature commissions for a retiring high school teacher. 
It's larger than I'm used to working, 20"X30". It's executed with ink and watercolor. The details were given to me from the client. I love including all of those elements in the picture.

The caricature was a surprise given at the teacher's retirement party. Shortly afterward, I received this email from the teacher:

"I would just like to tell you how much I enjoyed the framed cartoon you did for my retirement from teaching. I loved all the little areas, BUT especially loved the part with my Black Lab called Remington with her degree in her mouth from retrieving school. It seems every time Kathy my wife or myself look at it again we find something new we didn't see before. You are a very gifted artist and this is displayed in our main living area. Again thank you so much for putting all the time and effort into this. This really made my special day that more special."

No comments: