At long last, here are my resolutions for 2011. As you see, they're very similar to the resolutions from 2010:
1. Lose weight/get in shape. Ahh, the old standby. Everyone has this one, and no one does it. Thing is, I'm turning 40 this year, and I'd like to be in the best shape I've been in for years, if not my whole life, at that point. I still need to lose about 20 pounds, and I'd like to run more than 50 feet without having a heart attack. I have my nutritionist/art director/publicist/wife working on a plan for me, and with her support, I should soon be seeing some results.
2. Publish MORE: Black Cat Bone issue 3 has been taken out of mothballs and dusted off, The book of Scraps is being compiled as is the expanded version of Durkin's Dragons: Parodies and Tributes. All three will be available at Megacon this year. I'm sure there will be other projects cropping up this year too.
3. Conventions: I'm locked in to Megacon, and I have no excuse not to attend the ISCA convention as it's in Florida this year. I think two cons a year is plenty.
4. Expand the Durkinworks empire: Online I mean. It all hinges on my new computer, which I will be getting soon. When that happens, expect a major overhaul of this blog, Cafepress, Zazzle, Deviantart, and Durkinworks.com and .net which have been lying dormant for so long. Look also for live shows via Ustream and maybe even a podcast.
5. Continue posting regularly on the blog: Now here's the one I need some feedback on. I've been posting every single day. But sometimes it's not easy, and I put a lot of pressure on myself to get it done. I don't mind posting daily, but is that too much? Or do you visit every day to see what I'm up to? What do YOU think?
I think that's about it. Again, I have some personal resolutions as well which I'm not sharing here, but as I said before, I have some great feelings about 2011, and I'm off to a terrific start.