Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Thank you. No, I really mean it, THANK YOU!

Voting for the Talenthouse Fraggle Rock art contest is now closed. I am overwhelmed by the amount of votes I received. At the contest's close, I have 151 votes and I am ranked 33rd out of over 500 entries. Throughout the voting period, I never slipped below the top 50 entries.

Thank you to all of the friends, family and fans who showed their support. Thank you for your votes, your tireless campaigns for me, and most of all, for putting up with my constant badgering. This contest means a lot to me. I didn't win the popular vote, but I'm still in the running for:

The Jim Henson Company's Choice

The winning design will be featured and produced in elements of Fraggle Rock's 30th anniversary merchandise line, which will be promoted and sold on their online store. In addition, the winner will receive:
  • A private tour of The Jim Henson Company and attendance to Fraggle Rock's 30th anniversary party (travel and two nights' accommodation in Los Angeles for two provided)
  • A framed copy of their artwork
  • A feature on henson.com and Henson's Facebook page
  • $2,500
Eight runners-up, as selected by The Jim Henson Company, will each receive:
  • A feature on Henson.com and Henson's Facebook page
  • A framed copy of their artwork
  • $500
So now it's the waiting game. The winning entries will be announced September 5th. This contest was a blast to be involved with. I learned a lot and I had fun competing. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart for voting for me.

No comments: