Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas in Disney World

Christmas has always been my favorite time of year. When I moved away from my family in 2000 to work in Florida, one of my concerns was that the loss of family tradition, the warm snow-less climate and the unfamiliar surroundings would destroy the holiday season for me. I was also concerned that Disney would celebrate it in a cheesy, tacky fashion.
I was delighted to discover that Disney in fact honored Christmas and decorated with meticulous precision and beauty. Take for example, the Disney location I work the most, Wilderness Lodge.


This gigantic tree stands majestically in the main lobby. Disney always customizes their decor specifically to the theme of the individual location, so in the case of Wilderness Lodge, the tree has pinecones and native American canoes and tepees adorning it.


Here's a wreath complete with moose antlers.


Even Mickey and Minnie stop by wearing their holiday best.


Of course, they always draw a crowd.

If you love Christmas, I highly recommend you visit Disney World. They don't disappoint.

No comments: