Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve: Let's end this thing on a positive note, shall we?

In yesterday's post, I noted what a bad year 2010 was for me. Although I complained a bit, the whole "woe is me" attitude really isn't my style. I think it's okay to be realistic when things are going bad, nothing wrong with that. It's how you learn and grow. But at the same time, you should always realize how great things are. For example:

Although Jett was born with Down's Syndrome, he remains a beautiful, amazing boy and continues to conquer his diagnosis in remarkable and surprising ways.

Although my truck broke down this year, and I'm still unable to get it running, I also paid it off this year after five years of monthly payments. Huge victory! 

Although I missed the ISCA convention this year, I attended MegaCon, Star Wars in Concert and Star Wars Celebration 5.

Although I had financial setbacks this year, I also picked up more freelance work than I've ever done.
Although I lost some dear people in my life, I met a lot of new folks and visited my loved ones in Wisconsin a record THREE times this year.

There's a natural balance in life, an ebb and flow, a yin and yang. Life truly is a roller coaster with ups and downs, twists and turns. When things seem to be going bad, just remember; its not always going to be that way. There are countless things for you to be thankful for, and heaps of awesome things waiting for you just around the corner.
Have a Happy New Year everyone and I'll see you here tomorrow for the start of 2011!

No comments: