Monday, August 15, 2011

New Feature: Muppet Monday!

It goes without saying that I'm a huge fan of the Muppets, and I cite Jim Henson as being my biggest creative influence. On November 23rd, a new Muppet movie, The Muppets is being released and from what I can tell so far it may very well usher in a new Muppets renaissance. The excitement for the opening of the film is escalating, and it's going to be a fun ride.
I've decided to celebrate in my own way with a new feature on the Durkinworks blog, Muppet Monday!
Every Monday leading up to the opening of The Muppets I will reveal a brand new piece of Muppet-related artwork. They will range from simple sketches, to digital pieces, to artwork created solely from traditional media. They will expand beyond the Muppets and into some of Jim Henson's other creations.

I'm kicking off Muppet Monday with a piece I did for the Muppets fan site Toughpigs, who is celebrating their 10th anniversary. I was invited with many other amazing and talented artists to create special artwork specifically for their celebration. You can check the rest out here.

Be sure to tune in next Monday for another edition of Muppet Monday!

No comments: