Tuesday, November 15, 2011

ISCA Convention: Lodgings

I'm at St. Pete's Beach attending the International Society of Caricature Artists Convention for a few days. I was unable to get a room at the hotel that the convention is at, but I did get a room up the road at this place:


The hotel deftly walks the fine line between scary and charming.


Due to a mixup, I was booked in a double and after explaining that I was alone, they switched me to a single, but threw in a kitchen.





I find mom and pop places like this to be quite endearing.


I considered my kitchen and I got to thinking, if I get some groceries, I could prepare meals out of my room and not spend tons of money going out to eat.

After picking up a few supplies at the local Publix, I couldn't wait to get back to the room and pop my Home Run Inn frozen pizza in the oven.

...But hotel kitchens don't have ovens.


So I improvised.

Not bad...

1 comment:

Ilea said...

With that second picture, I'd say it's a scary place.