Tuesday, November 03, 2009

2009 ISCA Convention: Icebreaker Reception

Here's a few pics from the icebreaker reception the first night of the convention. Pictured is my buddy Keelan Parham, myself, MAD artist Tom Richmond and MAD artist and art director Sam Viviano. I've always cited MAD magazine as a huge influence to me and the reason I got into the caricature business. However, my gateway into caricature was a magazine called Dynamite! which I read in the late 70's and early 80's when I was a pre-teenager. Sam Viviano was an artist's whose caricatures featured prominently in the magazine. I remember Sam's caricatures vividly, and recall that they were easily my favorite part of the magazine. It was a thrill for me to be able to meet him and speak with him about his influence on me. He's a great guy.
This is me, Keelan Parham and Lar DeSouza. For those who don't know, Lar is a very talented artist with a funny, cartoon style. He conducted a seminar today that revitalized my passion for caricature and reminded me what to focus on when I draw live caricatures.

Stay tuned, there's plenty more to come!

1 comment:

Andi Durkin said...

Looking forward to the updates!