Monday, March 29, 2010

Links Spotlight: Steve Silver

When I grow up, I want to be just like Steve Silver.
Steve Silver is without question one of the most inspiring artists I know. I first met Steve at the ISCA (NCN) convention in 2004. At the time, the animated series Kim Possible was at the height of its popularity and Steve was the lead character designer on that show. I remember looking at the rough draft of one of his books the first day of the convention and marvelling at every single page. I went to his seminar and chatted with him every chance I could. One night, the convention was open to the public for a few hours, so I invited my children to come see what their father had been up to all week. Kathy wore her Kim Possible shirt and caught Steve's eye. Kathy was delighted to meet him, and I was amazed at how gracious he was. The final day of the convention at the awards banquet, Steve presented me with this picture and said it was for Kathy: Astounding! We still have it hanging up in our living room.
Steve was recently featured on HGTV's The Antonio Project. His appearance is featured below.

I have every one of Steve's books, and reference them constantly. You can order his books for yourself by checking out his blog at http://www.stephensilver.blogspot.com/ Remember, you can always click his and other great links to the right.

No comments: