Thursday, March 04, 2010

Zombie Dad.

Let me just preface this post by stating that I'm honored to be a dad. I love all three of my children, and I'm grateful for my newest one, who just turned 7 days old.
My first two children are 13 and 11, which puts me in the "seasoned veteran" category of parenthood, however, I haven't had the experience of a newborn baby in well over a decade. I'm not sure if I'm just a bit rusty, or that I'm older now, but it sure seems much more physically, mentally and emotionally draining to have an infant this time around.
Besides the care and feeding of little Jett, I'm also commandeering the rest of the day-to-day duties of the household. Mommy is doing everything she can, but as a first time mom who also is healing and feeding the boy all day and night, her energy and time are pretty much accounted for. It's my duty, therefore, to cook, clean and otherwise take care of everyone. I don't mind, of course. I consider being a husband and a father to be both an honor and a privilege. But that also means I've been a bit of a zombie lately, always awake, exhausted, in a daze and slightly smelling of some odor.

1 comment:

Esly Carrero said...

man... that's a tuff job Kenny! But from the looks of it.. you both have been doing a tremendous job so far! Keep it up! :)