Thursday, February 03, 2011

Snowmageddon 2011

 My Midwest friends and family are still digging out from an absolutely insane snowstorm that attacked the area a few days ago. There were reports of over two feet of snowfall and 5-7 foot drifts. My parent's live in Wisconsin and took some great pics of the aftermath. Here are a few of my favorites. 
This is a partial view of the front of the house. Note how the snow has drifted halfway up the front door. But don't the trees look pretty?
 
This is the view down the driveway, which is supposed to be to the left of the mailbox. It's under there somewhere.
THIS is my favorite picture of all. That's the garage door opened up, and an impression of the door in the snow that has drifted up against it. Amazing!
And to think, yesterday here in Florida, I had the air conditioning on in the car...

No comments: