Sunday, June 26, 2011

Muppets: It's not easy being geek.

Only ONE day left to vote for my design in the Threadless Muppet Design Challenge. We're coming down to the wire here folks. I need you to be sure to give me a score of 5. That's FIVE!

As an artist, I'm automatically allowed a certain level of eccentricity. Like most cartoonists this manifests itself in the collection of cool toys. I have a lot of collections, but among my favorites is the Muppets.The bulk of my Muppets collection comes from the amazing line of figures from Palisades Toys. There was such meticulous care given to the sculpt, articulation, paint and accessories of those figures. My collection is nearly complete. I have many of the variants and repaints, but I normally don't like having duplicates of characters on display.
Here's the backstage area. The artwork on the wall is by James HanceThere are a few variants here, some mega Muppets and a few of the minis. There are some non-Palisades stuff here too like the busts and several of the new Muppets Vinylmation figures from Disney.

Here are some figures from The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth from Jim Henson's Creature Shop. I'm not sure what's scarier, the Skeksis on the right or David Bowie's crotch.

Tomorrow is the last day of the Threadless Muppet Design Challenge. I will post another part of my Muppets collection on the blog tomorrow. See you then!

No comments: