Monday, June 20, 2011

The Threadless Muppets Design Challenge.

Threadless is a community-centered online apparel store. Members of the Threadless community submit t-shirt designs online; the designs are then put to a public vote. Threadless has teamed up with the Muppets to create the "Muppets T-Shirt Design Challenge".

According to their website,
"The Muppets have gone from television personalities, to hit musicians, to big-time movie stars, and they’ve never let the limelight spoil their friendship. No matter what kind of trouble this zany group stumbles into, they always pull together to make it through. After more than 30 years of delivering smiles and laughter to the world, Kermit the Frog is still leading the way, Miss Piggy is still close by his side (some may say too close) and as glamorous as ever, Animal still loves his drums and the ladies, Fozzie Bear still dreams of being the world’s greatest stand-up comic bear, Gonzo is still performing his death-defying stunts, and The Electric Mayhem Band’s funky soul tracks have been serving as the soundtrack through it all. And now, the Muppets are getting ready to head back to the big screen this November in their brand-new feature film, The Muppets. Use the Muppets in your design to celebrate friendship, and you could win fame and riches fit for a frog!"

The winning design will receive:
$2500 cash
$250 Threadless gift certificate
The winning t-shirt signed by The Muppets and framed together with a signed photo of the Muppets.
Disney Traditions will provide a $250 set of collectible statues designed by Jim Shore. Statues include Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Waldorf & Statler, Animal, and Fozzie Bear.
An autographed copy of the upcoming album “MUPPETS: The Green Album”.

I have always been a HUGE fan of the Muppets. In fact, I became an artist because of Jim Henson and his creations. So I couldn't pass up the chance to enter my artwork in the competition.I call it "World of Friendship". This is my concept:

"The world of The Muppets is crazy and chaotic, with such strong and contrasting personalities that it would seem it could never be contained. Only a frog like Kermit could reign in, encourage, lift up and support this world in the truest meaning of friendship. This hand-drawn picture depicts over forty of the most famous and beloved Muppets (with some personal favorites thrown in for fun)."

Needless to say, I HAVE to win. But I can't do it without your help! Please go to:

http://disney.threadless.com/themuppets/submission/1473


Vote for my entry, and please give me a 5. You have 7 more days to vote before the competition is over, but I am obsessively checking my standings on a near-constant basis, so for my own personal well-being, please vote before it's too late.

I have declared this week "MUPPETS WEEK", so every day I will be posting about the creation of this piece and explaining the impact of the Muppets and Jim Henson on my life. I'll have some other Muppet art to show, and even share my Muppets collection with you. It's going to be Muppetational!

2 comments:

Michael "Locoduck" Duron said...

Love your design and I voted, but man there are some nice shirts on there! I want a bunch to win. Good Luck buddy! If you win I'll live vicariously through you!

Kenny Durkin said...

Shhh...there ARE no other designs. :)