Friday, January 13, 2012

Throwback Video Game Art Show

I am one of the artists contributing to the Throwback Video Game Art Show at the Belle Isle Yacht Pub in Orlando FL. 
The show opens this weekend. My submission is based off of a piece I did for a collaborative pinup book I published with Mike "Locoduck" Duron.
For the art show, I wanted to revisit this theme, but instead of traditional line and digital color, I wanted to make the artwork larger and more dimensional. I used foamcore and acrylic paint and cut the shapes to create layers. The final piece is roughly 24" X 36".
I liked working with the foamcore and cut paper. I learned a lot with this piece and I think you'll see more stuff like this from me in the future.
To learn more about the show, and to see the piece in person, go to:

No comments: