Thursday, December 06, 2012

Germany Blues.

I love when people actually ASK for PERMISSION to use my artwork. In this case, it was for a caricature I did a few years ago of the Blues Brothers. A German entertainment company had booked a Blues Brothers tribute act from London and wanted to use my caricature for their posters and website.
I gave them permission with the condition that they credit me and send me a hard copy of the poster. This is how they utilized my artwork for their poster.

I also got a few copies of the poster, which is about 24' X 36". The QR code takes you to the website, which is here: http://musicalhit.de/bluesbrothers.htm

This text taken directly from the site, roughly translated from German says:

"Directly from London comes "Blues Brothers - The Concert". Black suits, black sunglasses and black hats - because every fan knows immediately what it is all about. To the well-known hits of the cult "Blues Brothers", where no one can sit still: everybody needs somebody, SOULMAN and sweet home Chicago Jake and Elwood present successfully these turbulent, funky show with the coolest original songs: .

So if you're in Germany, check out the show, and if you see the poster hanging up anywhere, snap a few photos and send them to me. I'd appreciate it! 

No comments: