Monday, November 22, 2010

Milwaukee Wisconsin: West Side Yo!

Having fun in Milwaukee. We went to a couple of my favorite west side places. First was Kopp's Frozen Custard. Kopp's offers traditional chocolate and vanilla flavors as well as a special flavor of the day. Today was mint chocolate chip (Alex's favorite) and Bunch O' Crunch: Milk chocolate custard and caramel custard heaped with chocolate Whoppers, English toffee, Almond Roca, butter brickle and pecan crunch deluxe. Absolutely insane!

The next stop was Half Price Books, a Texas-based book, movie and music resale shop with locations in Wisconsin. Got some great books for Jett, and a cool Indiana Jones book for Alex and I.

Finally we went to American Science and Surplus. Founded in 1937 with locations in Chicago, Geneva IL and Milwaukee, American Science and Surplus is a seller of obscure and odd scientific and educational equipment. It has to be seen to be believed.



I got out of there with some cool art supplies, a nose-shaped pencil sharpener, a napkin sketchbook (made from real napkins) and a 3-D drawing pad.



I do love my toys...

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: