Monday, May 24, 2010

LOST: The End

LOST is over. The series finale aired last night. I finally got to see it and for the most part, I'm pleased with the conclusion. There are those who hated the ending, and others who hated the show all together. But for me, I found LOST to be a refreshing alternative to the insufferable "reality" television shows that have been clogging up the airwaves for the past decade.
In my opinion, LOST was never about polar bears, Egyptian statues or smoke monsters. It was about the characters, their triumphs and pitfalls, their strengths and flaws and most importantly, their relationships with each other. I loved the crazy mythology of LOST, its geeky references, its bases in both science and faith. I'm glad all the questions haven't been answered. Although at times the ride was frustrating, it was an exhilarating ride.
I'll really miss that island...
...but I have my ticket, and I can go there whenever I want.

No comments: