Sunday, October 03, 2010

Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2010

For the second year in a row, I celebrated my birthday at Epcot's Food and Wine Festival.
I love the festival. Every year I get to sample some new food as well as enjoy some old classics. This year I tried the Pastel de Choclo (beef and corn pie) from Chile (very good). Next I had the Shrimp Stew with Coconut and Lime (Shrimp overcooked, bland). We skipped a bunch of other stands saving ourselves for the second half of the World Showcase, but we just had to stop off in Norway to goof around.
Alex strikes a pose.

Jett embraces his Viking heritage.

We also spent some time in China.
Kathy loved the head ware.


We sampled the Shrimp Cake with Noodle Salad from Singapore. The Shrimp Cake was tasty, the Noodle Salad, too spicy for my wimpy taste buds.

Ahh..one of my favorites: Germany.


An absolute must. The Nurnberger Sausage in Pretzel Roll. We also had Apfel Strudel featuring Werther's Original Karamell Sauce. Delicious!

In America, we had the New England Lobster Roll and I had the Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat brew.

The kids had California Sushi rolls in Japan.

In France, Alex had his favorite Escargots Persillade en Brioche and we also had Braised Short Ribs in Cabernet with Mashed Potatoes.

Of course, we absolutely HAD to go to Ireland.

We had the Lobster and Scallop Fisherman's Pie and the Kerrygold Cheese Selection.

Finally, from Canada we had the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup.

Amazing time as always! We saved room for dessert, which I'll talk about tomorrow. Stay tuned!

No comments: