Friday, March 25, 2011

Megacon 2011: Day 1

 Day one of Megacon was tons of fun. I sold some books, caught up with some old friends and met some new ones. My day started out rough, I had some strange stomach complaint going on. I was shaky, sweaty and dizzy. I couldn't keep down Pepto Bismol, or even water. It took me a while to get out of the house. As far as I can tell, I think it was a prepackaged Boars Head Turkey and Swiss sandwich that I ate from the grocery store the night before. Eventually I was able to drive my way over to the Ka-Blam office and pick up my books. Then I went to the convention center and set up.
 This is one of the signs at the entrance to MegaCon.
There I am in the Burgundy section. I love the sight of having my name shown for all the world to see. Right up there with Stan Lee!
 This is my booth setup.This year I've added the shelving units and the banners. I have a 4 foot banner on the front and a 3 foot banner on the top. Next year I'm going to get displays to go behind the booth, and possibly expand to an 8 foot table.

I spent most of my time at the booth today, so the only other pics I was able to take were of the costumed attendees walking by. I love seeing fans dress up, and so many of the costumes and makeup are incredibly authentic and professional.
Here's HellGal.
Tygra.
Does it matter?
Okay, I'll throw a guy in there. Asian Marty McFly.

I'll have assistant photographer Alex with me the next few days, so I'll have better pics of the remainder of the con. In the meantime, I've got to get some SLEEP! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Steve Hearn said...

Trust your having a great weekend at MegaCon! Hope you sell loads of stuff and make a bunch of money! Have fun!

Keelan Parham said...

PLEASE tell me that's Tigra's Tail.....